How can I detect a driveway failure?
1. Tree stumps
- Tree stumps are a result of a improper grading job a negligent
person would just cover the area with class a gravel to give the
appearance that the area was prepped and ready to be paved.
- Weeds can result again from a lack of proper grading you must
dig and scratch the base to remove weeds prior to applying the
class a base.
- Humps in a finished product shows that there were rocks with
in the frost line that were left resulting in heaving through
the frost season.
- Depressions can be caused by soft areas in the base or parking
in one area for extended periods of time. A strong well built
base will make for a strong well built driveway.
- Cracking can appear with thin asphalt or asphalt not properly
compressed. Asphalt should be layed at 3" and rolled with a 3
ton roller for 100% compaction.